Home

Camshaft sensor voltage

As the pulse wheel rotates, it passes through and disturbs the sensor's magnetic field to modulate the Hall voltage. In response, the digital sensor output switches either from low to high (0 V to 5 V) or high to low (5 V to 0 V), depending on the sensor circuitry. The overall frequency of the signal will depend on the camshaft speed The camshaft sensor works according to the Hall principle. It scans a ring gear on the camshaft. The rotation of the ring gear changes the Hall voltage of the Hall IC in the sensor head. This change in voltage is transmitted to the control unit and evaluated there in order to establish the required data Using a Digital Volt-Ohmmeter (DVOM) set to the voltage function (scale set to monitor less than 5 volts), measure the voltage between break-out box terminals24and40with the engine running at varying RPM. If the voltage reading varies more than 0.1 volt, the sensor is okay

Long story short - in one of the answers it was suspected that camshaft position sensor is not getting stable 12V, so as a test it was suggested to connect Battery+ directly to the sensor's camshaft position sensor's Orange pin and car started successfully For each of these checks, the specification should show a maximum resistance of 1.5 ohms. Check the wiring for short circuits to one another. The DMM should show infinite ohms. If the wiring is OK, and voltage across terminals 1 and 3 is OK, replace camshaft position sensor

Camshaft sensor - Hall effect - Pico aut

As a result, Interfering with the sensor's signal. After these checks, use a digital multimeter that can test either alternate current (AC) voltage or direct current (DC) voltage. Depending on your particular type of Crankshaft - Camshaft Position Sensor. You'll also need the correct electrical values for your particular type of sensor The rule of thumb, if you're using Volts DC mode, is that this signal should output the amount of voltage that come's into the sensor on the power circuit. So, when you crank the engine, you should see anywhere between 9 to 12 Volts. If the CKP or CMP sensor is bad, you'll get no reading. Basic Circuit Description Of A Two Wire Sensor

Video: Camshaft position sensor - function & troubleshooting HELL

Check your camshaft position sensor's voltage, ground, and signal readings with a multimeter. P0340 - Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Fixes | FIXD Automotive What the P0340 code means. The camshaft position sensor calculates the rotational speed of the camshaft and where the camshaft is positioned in that rotation. The camshaft sensor sends Testing a 3-wire sensor requires many steps >> We have used Japanese cars whose sensors work perfectly. Click here!!! << Conclusion. Do not drive with a malfunctioning Crankshaft and Camshaft Position Sensors. Instead, use these methods and test crankshaft and camshaft position sensors once you know the type of the sensors. If any symptoms are. AC output sensor is different from the others in that the output is an AC voltage signal. The onboard controller generates very high frequency (between 150 and 2500 cycles per second) to the exciter coil, which is located near the rotating disc. This disc is mounted at the end of the camshaft and there is a slot in it When the P0390 code is stored, it indicates that the PCM has detected an abnormal or incorrect voltage reading from sensor B on the camshaft position sensor circuit in engine bank 2. An electro-magnetic sensor, when sensor B is working properly, the teeth on the camshaft will interrupt its magnetic field, giving the PCM data about.

The Camshaft Position Sensor used in Kia Rio 2010 is the hall-effect type. It is mounted at the end of the Intake Camshaft (See Fig. 2). When the Camshaft Timing pin comes close to the sensor head, the voltage at the signal wire drops to zero. It rises back to 12 volts when the pin leaves the sensor head All Gen III engines have a camshaft position sensor in the rear of the engine behind the intake manifold. All Gen IV 24x and 58x engines have a camshaft position sensor in the front timing cover. Gen IV 24x engines use an E40 ECM and can be found in the 2005 Corvette, 2005ñ2006 GTO, 2005ñ2006 Trailblazer, and 2005ñ 2006 SSR Here is how you can easily test both your crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. It's very important to be able to test these sensor since. The CMP sensor works in conjunction with a 1X reluctor wheel on the camshaft. The reluctor wheel is inside the engine immediately in front of the rear cam bearing. The PCM provides a 12 volt power supply to the CMP sensor as well as a ground and a signal circuit The sensor returns a digital ON/OFF DC voltage pulse of varying frequency output pulses per Camshaft revolution that represents an image of the camshaft tone wheel. The frequency of the CMP Sensor output depends on the velocity of the camshaft. The PCM decodes the tooth pattern to identify the camshaft position. This information is then used to.

CMP - Camshaft Position Sensor Testing - FreeAutoMechani

The sensor electronics convert the disruption of the magnetic field to a digital signal by pulling a voltage from the ECU to ground depending on the magnetic field strength. The object that disrupts the magnetic field is often a metal disk or ring with a certain hole pattern placed on the end of the camshaft If the camshaft position sensor is working correctly, the multimeter will register an an oscillating voltage between 0.5 to 1 Volt AC. Now, to be a bit more specific: your multimeter will not register a steady AC voltage The camshaft position sensor does this by monitoring a tooth on a reluctor wheel on the rear of the camshaft. When the tooth (on the reluctor wheel) passes under the camshaft position sensor, it produces a pulsing ON/OFF voltage signal. The fuel injection computer then uses the camshaft position sensor signal info to

The 4.6L, 5.4L cam sensor is a two wire variable reluctance sensor. What this means is that: It doesn't need an external power source or a Ground source (like in a 3 wire type Hall Effect sensor). The cam sensor creates its own signal (AC Volt signal). The DK GRN (dark green) wire connects to powertrain control module (PCM) connector pin 85 and. My car is a Z3 2.8 1997 model, I have replaced the camshaft position sensor but I am still getting codes for this sensor. Using the old sensor I have cut into the cable to do voltage checks, with the ignition on engine not running there are no voltage readings. I have done continuity checks back to dme connector, no problems also checked all fuses The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMPS) is a sensor that detects the compression TDC of the NO. 1 cylinder. The CMPS consists of a hall type sensor and a target on the end of the intake camshaft. When the target triggers the sensor, the sensor voltage is 5V. If not, the sensor voltage is 0V Hello, I am Coming to you with a problem. Computer shows that the car has error: P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal. Things to consider: I understand that this can be because of incorrect timing, but mechanic that changed timing belt assured that timing has been set correctl.. Conclusion. So, As you can see the most important sensors of any engine are, the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. Finally, The (CKP) sensor monitors as a multifunctional sensor used, to set ignition timing, detect engine RPM and relative engine speed. As a result, , This sensor negates the need for manual distributor timing

Could a branch circuit or sensor kill the voltage to DME that supplies power to the Cam Sensor? Does the test that require the 88 pin DME (test adapter) Breakout Box be done with out it. Primary circuit resistance pin 43 to pin 64 = .05 - 1.0 ohms Unplug the CKP sensor electrical connector. Set your digital multimeter to DC voltage scale using a low range. Turn the ignition key to the On position, but don't start the engine. Touch the DMM black lead to ground. This can be a clean surface on the engine, a metal bracket or the battery negative (-) post P1391 could indicate a missing crank signal, but could also be caused by a camshaft (CMP) sensor. For reference, Chrysler products can often set a crankshaft sensor code when the camshaft sensor is the issue and vice versa. To muddy the waters even more, there's a P0340 camshaft sensor code At about 2mm distance from the cylinder head, the sensor read an average voltage of about 2.5-2.7 volts, same as the intake sensor. I left it in this position and reset the codes. The camshaft signal invalid for synchronization code remains The camshaft sensor works according to the Hall principle. It scans a ring gear on the camshaft. The rotation of the ring gear changes the Hall voltage of the Hall IC in the sensor head. This change in voltage is transmitted to the control unit and evaluated there in order to establish the required data

electrical - Non-zero voltage on camshaft position sensor

Download camshaft sensor measurement during cranking. Download camshaft sensor measurement on idling engine. Figure 3: Lab scope measurement of camshaft sensor during cranking. Channel 1 (red) shows the signal voltage if the camshaft sensor. The starter motor produces a lot of noise during cranking As the camshaft remains stationary, the supply voltage passes unimpeded and you will read a constant value - usually 5V or 12V (battery voltage) for most cars. When the camshaft rotates, the teeth will pass close to the sensor and will alter the magnetic field, influencing the flow of electricity through the strip, causing the signal to change If the voltage readings are abnormal, the camshaft position sensor will need to be replaced. If the voltage readings for the camshaft position sensor voltage readings are normal, it is possible that there is a problem with the PCM which may require replacing or reprogramming. Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0340 cod

This is the 'standard voltage' that the technician should observe when checking the ecu pin for proper voltage right out of the manual. 8v or temporarily 6v or higher ⬇0-3v. Good lord, anyway my point being, fuel systems electronics are so complex. The camshaft sensor being responsible for producing the criteria needed for firing injectors In this way, the magnetic field can cause the voltage from the sensor to change. When the crankshaft position sensor becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides different controls of the engine parts with the use of timing of cylinder identification signals. Common Symptoms. Symptoms include the following: Loss of engine powe If the camshaft position sensor or circuit is faulty, most engines will start. However, the PCM misfire diagnostic will likely be affected. On the 1991-94 2.9L and 3.0L engine, the distributor stator is the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor, and it is a Hall effect magnetic switch. On the 1995+ 3.0L engine, the CMP is mounted on the oil pump. After checking the wiring harness for damage and checking that the sensor was getting voltage and grounding correctly, I ordered a new sensor and installed it. This seemed to fix the issue, until my car started to cough and stutter when shifting gears, and threw a P0016 (Crankshaft / Camshaft Timing Misalignment)

MVS Volvo Forums member emtbjb has a 1998 V70-XC that will not start.Many times, a no-start condition is a fault with the camshaft position sensor.In fact, it's often the top thing to look for, after the very obvious culprits have been eliminated as causes.. I am testing the camshaft position sensor with a meter plugged into the connector that goes to the ECU P0340-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT When Monitored: Engine cranking/running. Battery voltage greater than 10 volts. Set Condition: At least 5 seconds or 2.5 engine revolutions have elapsed with crankshaft position sensor signals present but no camshaft position sensor signal I also tried putting the yellow to the disconnected cam sensor connector ground, and voltage/current to another cylinder here (the last pin): your cam sensor is a Hall Effect pull down design. You should have 5v on both signal and reference wires with the sensor unplugged. The ground wire should have at or less than .1volts (100mv) plugged in

What is the resistance of a camshaft position sensor

This camshaft sensor differs in operation from the other sensors by having an Alternating Current (AC) voltage supply. The ECM supplies a high frequency of around 100 to 150 kHz to an exciter coil that is located close to a rotating disc. The disc is located at the end of the camshaft and has a section removed that, when aligned with the sensor. The manual never states what voltage should be coming from the ecm, so I wouldnt worry too much about your readings. Instead I would remove the ECM connector and ohm out the wires to the sensor. If you measure the sensor resistance first, then plug the sensor back in and jump up to the the ecm plug, the same resistance should be read

Crankshaft - Camshaft Position Sensor Testing Done The

Double check the wiring at the cam sensor. If you have the bracket that extends the cam sensor down close to the oil pan, it can be wired 2 different ways, for a 1x or for the 4x sensor, and they are wired differently. The cam sensor itself is: A - Signal to the ECU B - Ground C - +12V Which should be how the LS1 harness is wired 8. Install CMP sensor and CMP sensor screws. Tighten to 2.5-3.5 Nm (23-30 lb-in). 9. Connect fuel charging wiring electrical connector to camshaft position sensor (CMP sensor). 10. NOTE: When battery voltage is removed from the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650), all learned values will be cleared and reset to predetermined values. When. Meaning, the problem refers to the camshaft position sensor, which has been fouled from the combination of oil and moisture, causing bad ground or voltage. This code is a generic trouble code, meaning it applies to all vehicles made since 2003 In effect, the Hall Effect sensor is an electric switch that uses a shutter wheel rotating through an air gap to turn the current flowing through the sensor on and off. Because the voltage output is either positive or zero, the Hall Effect sensor is a more accurate sensor than the variable reluctor-type, which produces a varying voltage value

Part 4 -The Basics of Crank and Cam Sensors and How to

It's the only sensor there, can't miss it. - unplug rear oxygen sensor. Don't ask why, but it has worked for at least one person. There may be a short in the wiring. - Check for voltage continuity for the cam position sensor. CMP (CaM Position) sensor terminal A and PCM (ECU) terminal 85 CMP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 86 I guess this is confusing me because this sensor does not have a simple Output pin where ADC in car's ECU measures voltage. I am not sure: which electrical property (current, voltage) is supposed to change on which wire when camshaft position sensor detects tooth on reluctor ring. why voltage on Pink wire slowly grows from 2V to 12V 2. The camshaft position sensor, whose function is to collect the camshaft dynamic angle signal and input it into the electronic control unit (ECU) to determine the ignition timing and fuel injection timing; 3. The camshaft position sensor is also called the cylinder recognition sensor If reading is about battery voltage, go to step 9). If reading is not as specified, go to next step. Repair open between PCM main relay and CMP sensor. Retest system. Measure voltage between battery positive and CMP ground wire at CMP sensor harness connector. If reading is around battery voltage, go to step 11)

Early cam and crank position sensors ran on 8 volts, the rest of the sensors ran on 5 volts. By the mid-'90's(?) all sensors ran on 5 volts. There is a 5 volt supply wire. The cam signal return wire that switches between 0 and 5 volts and a sensor ground return wire. It shares power and ground with the crank sensor • Check the power supply to the sensor. The usual supplying voltage is 5 V (in some cases can be 12 V). • Check the size of the air gap (G) between the sensor and the trigger wheel, the value. The PCM uses the Camshaft Position Sensor to tell it when the Crankshaft Sensor signal is correct, when a given Crankshaft Position Sensor signal is timed to Cylinder #1 for timing, and it is also used for fuel injector synchronization / start of injection. Codes P0340 or P0341 may also be present at the same time as the P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor - Voltage High How to Test Crankshaft and Camshaft Position Sensors in car and truck HOW TO TEST CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR DEMONSTRATED ON BMW How to test a cam or crank sensor with a voltmeter - hall effect type - (Quick Tips) P0340 How to replace a Camshaft position Sensor. P0340 Ca

Connect the red (+) lead to the sensor output wire (terminal #1). Then connect the black (-) lead to the ground wire of the sensor (terminal #2). Set the meter to read DC voltage below 15 volts or so. Remove the distributor cap. Rotate the engine either by hand until the pulse ring enters the magnetic pick-up on the camshaft position sensor I have a 1998 V70-XC that will not start. I have checked the crankshaft sensor, the camshaft sensor and the coil by the book. All the sensors test out ok, but when I tested the camshaft position sensor circuit, plug 1 test with good ground, wire 3 was battery voltage, but wire 2 was also battery voltage 1 check vvt sensor for exhaust camshaft (sensor power source) Disconnect the C21 or C20 VVT sensor connector. Measure the voltage according to the value(s) in the table below

Part 3 -How To Test The Igniter (1992-1995 2

How To Test Crankshaft And Camshaft Position Sensors - CAR

1. Long story short, 1999 to 2001 use LS1 sensor pin out scheme. While 2002 up use LS2 pin out scheme on both crank and cam sensors. Here is the information I found quoted for you. Cam and crank sensors have a built-in, internal voltage regulator specifically. so they can be used with a variety of input voltage signals. GM uses the same
  2. g and deter
  3. g and a precise variable camshaft phasing
  4. P0347 Description The Camshaft Position Sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the camshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module() to control ignition and fuel injection.The camshaft position sensor senses the retraction of camshaft (intake) to identify a particular cylinder
  5. approaches the sensor. Ambiguously on or off because sensors are designed to pull low from high or vice versa. The square wave output can be seen in Figure 3. Figure 3. Hall Sensor Output. The sensor has 3 wires: power, ground and signal. They are powered with low voltage (4.75 to 24 volts) and have very little current draw (20 mA)
  6. 99 f 150: getting codes..voltage to crank and camshaft sensor. I have 99 f 150 5.4 swaped motor and put in a 2002 5.4 and and i am getting codes 340,350,135,155. i checked for voltage to crank and camshaft sensor and have o. any ideas..
  7. The camshaft position sensor (CMP) signals the position of the camshaft intake lobe relative to the CPS signal and the opening of the intake valve for fuel injection on each cylinder. Description and location of sensors . The crank and cam sensors provide an on and off signal. Both are either hall effect or magnetic in function

Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP

The Camshaft 1/2 Position Sensor is located on the Intake Camshaft side of the Cylinder Head. 2. Disconnect the harness connectors at the PCM and Cam Sensor and inspect for wire chaffing or rub conditions, terminals pushed out on the wiring connector, bent terminals at the PCM and Cam Sensor, water in the connector cavities, presence of. The 2001 and 2002-2003 camshaft position sensor plugs are wired differently than the later model 2004+ sensor and require a pigtail adapter to complete the swap. The 2004+ sensor also has a longer magnetic reader that fits inside the timing cover, requiring the later model 2004+ timing cover with the raised sensor section to fit the added length DTC P0343: CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR SUPPLY VOLTAGE TOO HIGH Monitor & Set Conditions Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) sensor supply voltage is monitored when ignition is on.DTC may be stored when CMP sensor supply voltage is greater than 5.5 volts for 2 seconds.. Possible Causes Intermittent Wiring Problem 5-volt Supply Circuit Shorted To Voltage 2. The signal analysis of Camshaft Angle Sensor. The camshaft angle sensor doesn't have an important effect on engine vibration or stall. But vehicles that use direct injection or TCS(Traction Control System) must recognize individual cylinder, so camshaft sensor has a big influence on the vehicle

P0340 Symptoms. The most common symptom you will have with the P0340 code is a hard starting condition. The car engine uses the camshaft position sensor, especially when the engine is about to start. Engine misfiring. Loss of engine power. Car stalling. Hard start or the car failing to start. Check engine light turns on Proceed by testing voltage and ground signals at the camshaft sensor in question. Most OBD-II equipped vehicles utilize a five-volt reference as a base, but check manufacturer's specifications for your vehicle. There should also be a ground signal. A third circuit (known as a signal circuit) supplies a signal to the PCM

Engine: Troubleshoot Camshaft and Crankshaft Position

Regarding p0340 cam sensor and wiring are good! 1995 mustang 3.8 Heavily moded only owner. Going to test alternator voltage regulator and crank sensor. I'll post what I find the 340 code is Only code I'm getting car runs Very Well no starting problems!! The torque light pro keeps barking threw my stareo P0340 Bank 1 circuit A!! The CMP [ CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR] does not connect directly to the PCM. The CMP connects to the ICM which provides a 12v reference voltage. IMO if you are seeing a change in voltage with turning over the motor the interrupter ( magnet) and sensor are working especially since you just replaced the CMP Camshaft Position Sensor, Checking Special tools and workshop equipment required multimeter -VAG1526A-Voltage Tester -VAG1527B-connector test kit -VAG1594A

P0365 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit - Bank 1 Sensor 2How to Check P0340 CMP of Hyundai Sonata EF :: attekno2Crank Sensor Operation - YouTubeCrankshaft position sensor: how it works, symptoms

Cam sensor resistances and the location of the sensor vary with your vehicle's make and model. Step 1. Move your vehicle to a well-lit area. Turn it off and wait several hours for the engine to cool off. For safety purposes, disconnect your car's positive and negative battery terminals by unscrewing the nuts near them with the 1/2 inch wrench. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change. When the crankshaft position sensor (POS) system becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals Cam sensor voltage? 2003 WRX. Hey all, I'm getting about +/- 2.5v reading from my cam sensor at the ecu connector. If I'm right I should be getting about +/- 7v. I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind taking a quick measurement of the cam sensor. I'm using an oscilloscope so you might need a fancy voltmeter but I'm not sure

| Repair Guides | Components & Systems | Camshaft Position

Step 5. Probe the positive voltage wire (usually pink or orange) on the sensor's connector with the positive (red) probe on the multi-meter. Ground the black multi-meter probe by touching it to the engine block or a ground wire on near engine. Look at the readout on the multi-meter. It should read at least 11.5 to 12 volts Sensor supply voltage is normal. Camshaft position sensor signal is normal. Camshaft position sensor signal is normal. Coolant temperature is 10C or higher. Phase difference between crankshaft and camshaft pulse exceeds 15 degrees 10 times or more. Warning Level 2 Symptom is a long engine crank before starting. 723-2 Camshaft sensor Pulse. The engine control unit of the vehicle monitors the camshaft's rotating position with a component called the camshaft position sensor. Based on the information which the sensor transmits, the engine control unit will determine how much fuel should get injected into the combustion chamber and the timing of the spark P0192 - Fuel Pressure Sensor Low P0607 - ECU Internal Performance P061C - ETC Level 2 RPM Performance P0652 - Sensor Reference Voltage 2 Low i know my batteries were weak from sitting out in the cold the last 2 days and probably having my air compressor kick on occasionally drained them down some as well.. but im still confuse

P0340 2004 INFINITI G35: Code Meaning, Causes, Symptoms

The CMP sensor is a variable reluctance sensor, which responds to a rotating trigger protruding from the camshaft. The trigger is a single 9.525 mm (0.375 inches) diameter peg approximately 18 degrees wide, projecting 3-5 mm (0.12 - 0.20 inches) from the camshaft. The sensor produces a sine wave in response to the peg as it passes the sensor Step 1 - Test the Voltage Output. Check out replacement crankshaft position sensors on Amazon. To test if it your crankshaft position sensor is working properly, you have to test the voltage output. Once that is done, you can compare the readings with manufacturer specifications P0345 camshaft position sensor, a circuit bank 2 location, isn't a complicated and long process if you pay enough attention. Follow these warning signs in order to be more alert and take immediate action. Analyze the camshaft position sensor - Visually analyze the camshaft position sensor bank 2. Be on the lookout for corrosion, frayed or. Jeep Wrangler P0344: Camshaft Position Sensor → Circuit Intermittent. P0344 is an OBDII diagnostic code. It is a generic code, which means that it has the same meaning for the Jeep Wrangler as it would any other vehicle. If your Wrangler has this code, it means that the PCM (powertrain control module) has detected that the camshaft position.

Camshaft sensor low voltage operation. Engine Management Systems (EMS) use the camshaft position sensor to manage sequential fuel injection and as part of misfire diagnosis. The EMS constantly monitors the number of pulses on the signal circuit. The EMS compares the number of camshaft sensor reference pulses and the number of crankshaft. BEW cam sensor normal readings resistance, voltage I finally found an old post that I had saved as a word document: As I said, my 05 pd will run with the sensor unplugged. The PD educational pdf in the photo section indicates that is normal Camshaft and crankshaft (also simply referred to as Cam and Crank) position sensors are some of the the hall effect and magnetic type sensor. In this issue, we will study both types and which causes a voltage potential at the top and bottom surfaces of the crystal Fuel pump runs and has pressure at the fuel rail. Cranks but sounds to be loading. Fault code indicates Cam Position Sensor P3040. I replaced the sensor and confirmed 5v power at the connector as well as a good ground and no shorts indicated. Secondary problem not likely related is failed harness in the drivers door

16. The method of testing a camshaft position sensor of claim 14, wherein the distance is a maximum clearance between the test bar and the camshaft position sensor. 17. The method of testing a camshaft position sensor of claim 14, further comprising applying a reference voltage to the camshaft position sensor. 18 Nothing is more frustrating than diagnosing an intermittent cranking, no-start complaint with no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and no apparent failure pattern. Much of the time, the cranking, no-start complaint lies with a failing crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. Many of these failures can be heat-related and might require several warm-up cycles to duplicate The 350Z camshaft sensor picks up on the high and low parts of the teeth on the intake camshaft. The change in the gap creates a specific magnetic gap that changes the voltage from the sensor. Through this information your camshaft position sensor can determine piston position I have been looking for some specific info on the cam sensors, my car back fired and died with a VCDS code; 1 Fault Found: 19463-Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) P3007-000-No Signal-Intermittent Freeze Frame: RPM: 1827/Min Torque: 78.0 Nm Speed: 83.0 Km/h Load: 27.5% Voltage: 14.36 V Bin. Bits..

cam sensor troubleshooting. Dec 22 2012, 3:19pm. i have an active code P0340 for the cam sensor. i replaced the sensor and i still dont have any rpm. i checked the signal circuit at the ecm and its not showing any pulse so i replaced the cam connector and ran a new wire to the ecm for the cam signal. still no rpm. is my new cam sensor bad. i. camshaft position sensor. Refer to Procedure 019 -363 (Camshaft Position Sensor) in Section 19. Go to 2C Go to 4A Conditions Turn keyswitch OFF. Disconnect the Sensor Supply Voltage Number 2 Circuit Page 6 of 19 mk:@MSITStore:F:\Cummins%20Manuals\FIS\FIS4021334.chm::/html/70 -fc187.htm 30/08/201 There are significantly less likely causes for P0340 as well. These include the PCM failing or the Crank Sensor failing. You'll need to check the voltage at the camshaft sensor to see if it is within spec. Conclusion. P0340 is a serious concern and should be addressed as soon as possible LOL LOL there is no way the cam sensor can be off 15 degrees. if it was off that mutch the engine wont start. the sensor is in the front left of the block. there are no sensors in the back under the bellhousing. the cmp sensor is a variable reluctance sensor,which responds to a rotating trigger protruding from the camshaft. the trigger is a. 7.3 cam sensor bolt size. 10mm - M8x1.25x15mm. 7.3 cam position sensor bolt torque spec. 18 lb/ft. 7.3 Cam Sensor Recall. After a lot of failures and unhappy 7.3 owners' complaints, Ford issued a recall—07S57—for the light grey OEM 7.3 powerstroke cam sensor Access our free Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor Repair Guide for VW Passat & Audi A4 1990-2000 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include: Fig. Showing the 3-pin camshaft position sensor connector. Fig. Camshaft position sensor connectors on 2.8L engines. Fig. Identifying terminal locations on the camshaft position sensor connector (2.8L.